Monday, January 19, 2009

baby fever

So i am going through this baby fever thing again.
This year was suppose to be my year that we decided to make a baby. but with the change of my relationship status. Motherhood looks kind of far fetched for me. But still in my plans.
The sooner the better. But I cannot rush into motherhood.

I was at a baby shower the other day, and seeing all these pretty pregnant women, and holding all of these babies from different ages. Seeing the mother interact with their children really hit me hard, like damn... I want my turn at this. Even dealing with Alex(nephew), and J.C.(godson/arin's son) as much as they get on my nerves. the sight of them, hearing them laugh, seeing them play. I be like damn they are amazing.

My sister Alli just told me she was expecting. She's the one who is also getting married. And she was nervous about telling me for many different reasons, but her main one was b/c she feels like damn this year everything is happening for her, and not me as it was planned. but this goes to show you cannot plan out your life, just have to let things happen


Mentally I am ready, Financially I am ready... Just missing the other main ingredient..
...

One day I'll get my turn, with my man, and we'll have a big beautiful family. as i dream of... until then imma just enjoy everyone else babies, and live my life like it's golden

3 comments:

--Miami said...

i can still remember playing with my little cousins when they were babies, i was real good with em. i wanna have em one day myself but i just cant shake the feeling that i dont know if im ready yet

Anonymous said...

ehh i understand how you feel with this baby fever.. everyone around me are all getting pregnant.. i three aunts that are expecting.. one is expecting twins, the other two doesnt know.. but yea my younger aunt who is only 19 is pregnant and for some odd reason i was bummed cause i wanted to have a baby..

i baby sat all 15+ younger cousins of mines.. i baby sat friend's babies.. yea they are a handful but it is that bonding that is so special..

your turn will come hun.. when you least expect it..

Anonymous said...

wait i just reread what i wrote and it made no sense.. lol..

i have three aunts who are pregnant.. one is having twin boys.. the other two are just having one but they don't know the sex yet..